Accounts Assistant, Head office
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Responsible to: Financial Controller
Location: Central London
Salary: Competitive, to be discussed
BE Offices is an award-winning provider of flexible workspace in London and throughout the UK. Our office solutions operate under multiple brands but share the same ethos of offering a quality, cost effective working environment for businesses of all sizes. We are one of the oldest in our sector, established in 1994 and have pioneered the advance in service levels to our clients both in technological development and first-class personal service. Our long list of awards are testament to our continual drive to support and develop our teams and provide the best service in our industry.
Our vision – ‘Together, we are building the business lifestyle that everyone wants’.
As you’d expect you’ll be a main point of contact for all account and invoice enquiries for various clients and stakeholders, but more than that you’re a crucial part of the Accounting team. That means you’ll be involved in all the accounting activities helping us to providing award-winning service.
To assist in providing an outstanding service, we require a charismatic Accounts Assistant. You’ll be based in our Central London Head Office in a busy team, reporting to the Financial Controller. We pay employees above the Living Wage requirements and you’ll get a host of benefits listed below.
You’ll be dealing with clients and stakeholders every day so professionalism is of the utmost importance. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, previously winning various awards such as BCA’s Business Centre of the Year, featuring in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For Top 100 for 7 consecutive years. We are also Investors in People accredited.
We have training available every year to help you grow in your role in order for you to progress further when opportunities become available.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Handling with a number of accountings queries and issues for the BE Offices group
- Promptly posting invoices and receipts to the ledgers
- Processing petty cash and credit card expenses
- Payment of supplier accounts in a timely manner
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Credit card expense administration
- To be able to provide an effective handover to anyone covering your role whilst you are away
- Any other ad-hoc duties as and when required, in particular at month end.
Role Related Development:
- To support our Service Success Chain
- Local area and basic product knowledge
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Training and development to help you progress not only in the company, but as a person too
The above accountabilities are not exhaustive of your duties, and may change over time as the Business expands. Gradual changes may result in the substitution of one role for another. When substantial changes occur, the post holder will be consulted and before the change is introduced and reasonable notice will be given.
Qualification and Education – GCSE’s or above in Business Related Area – Essential
AAT qualified or training for CIMA/ACCA – Desirable
Experience – 1-2 years working in a similar role – Essential
Previous use of NetSuite – Desirable
Skills and Abilities – Basic accounting knowledge – Essential
Excellent telephone and face to face communication skills – Essential
High numeracy skills – Essential
Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook – Desirable
Work Requirements – Full time position working business hours Monday to Friday – Essential
Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs – Essential
|Annual Leave||· 20 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays|
· Paid day off for your Birthday
· Buy and sell up to 3 days’ holiday* or carry up to 3 days unused annual leave to the subsequent year
|· Healthcare (plus partners/dependants)|
· Dental Care
· Life Assurance
· Corporate Eye Care
· Season Ticket Loan
· Loyalty of Service Rewards
· Cycle to work scheme
· Quit smoking reward and recognition scheme
· Access to our onsite Gym
· New starter lunch voucher
|Other||· Social events paid for by the company, every 4 months*|
· Peer to Peer reward scheme
· Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
· Opportunity to apply for a 2 week all-expense paid charity trip abroad (Subject to selection)
*Terms and Conditions apply