Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Responsible to: Financial Controller
Location: Barbican, Central London
Salary: Competitive, to be discussed
BE Offices is an award-winning provider of flexible workspace in London and throughout the UK. Our office solutions operate under multiple brands but share the same ethos of offering a quality, cost effective working environment for businesses of all sizes. We are one of the oldest in our sector, established in 1994 and have pioneered the advance in service levels to our clients both in technological development and first-class personal service. Our long list of awards are testament to our continual drive to support and develop our teams and provide the best service in our industry.
Our vision – Together, we are building the business lifestyle that everyone wants
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our accounts team in our Central London Head Office. You will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller and assist in a variety of tasks. You will bridge the two teams of Accounts Payable and Management Accountants. You will oversee the Accounts Payable team and assist the FC with ad hoc supplier reconciliation and ensure relevant schedules and are kept up to date. Meanwhile you will also assist the Management Accountants with queries arising from month end tasks. This role will involve some transactional work but will also give you exposure to management accounts with a view to getting more involved in this area and eventually producing your own managements accounts.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Dealing with all aspect of accounts payable
• Transactional work including bank reconciliations, posting invoices, journals and payments on NetSuite.
• Dealing with accounting queries and issues for the BE Offices group
• Assisting in the audit process and dealing with auditors
• Analysing and identifying business processes in need of optimisation – working with senior members of the accounts team to implement structured systems and processes
• Project managing and maintaining streamlined processes
• Helping with any other ad-hoc duties as and when required by the Financial Controller, in-particular reporting at month/quarter/year end as well as general reports and schedules
• Managing expenses software (credit cards and petty cash) and rewards vouchers
• Ad hoc reconciliations of supplier and general ledger as well as other ad hoc projects
You will be dealing with clients and stakeholders every day so professionalism is of the utmost importance.
We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry. Previously we have won various awards such as the BCA’s Business Centre of the Year a number of times, featuring in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For Top 100 for 7 consecutive years. We are also accredited by Investors in People.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good presentational skills
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Comfortable dealing with department heads and directors
• Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
• Sound business knowledge
• Accuracy and an eye for detail.
The above accountabilities are not exhaustive of your duties and may change over time as the Business expands or its need changes. Gradual changes may result in the substitution of one role for another. When substantial changes occur, the post holder will be consulted before the change is introduced and reasonable notice will be given.
Qualification and Education
o GCSE’s or above in Business Related Area – Essential
o 2 years working in a similar role – Essential
o Previous use of NetSuite – Desirable
Skills and Abilities
o Strong accounting knowledge and experience – Essential
o Excellent telephone and face to face communication skills – Essential
o High numeracy skills – Essential
o Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel (Intermediate), and Outlook – Essential
o Full time position working business hours Monday to Friday (one day per week may be worked from home) – Essential
o Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs – Essential
• 20 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays
• Additional paid day off for your birthday
• Buy and sell up to 3 days’ holiday* or carry up to 3 days unused annual leave to the subsequent year
• Healthcare (plus partners/dependants)
• Dental Care
• Life Assurance
• Corporate Eye Care
• Season Ticket Loan
• Loyalty of Service Rewards
• Cycle to work scheme
• Quit smoking reward and recognition scheme
• Access to our onsite Gym
• New starter lunch voucher
• Social events paid for by the company, every 4 months*
• Peer to Peer reward scheme
• Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
*Terms and Conditions apply