Job Title: Community & Service Assistant
Responsible to: Operations Manager & Community Manager
Salary: Competitive, To be discussed
Headspace provide flexible workspace to fast‐growing, tech, creative and media businesses. It’s part of BE Office group of companies, an award-winning provider of flexible workspace in London and throughout the UK. Our office solutions operate under multiple brands but share the same ethos of offering a quality, cost effective working environment for businesses of all sizes. We are one of the oldest in our sector, established in 1994 and have pioneered the advance in service levels to our clients both in technological development and first-class personal service. Our long list of awards are testament to our continual drive to support and develop our teams and provide the best service in our industry.
Our vision – ‘Together, we are building the business lifestyle that everyone wants’.
To assist in providing an outstanding service, we require a charismatic Community & Service Assistant. You’ll be based in our London business centres in Marylebone and Farringdon, reporting to the Operations Manager and Community Manager. We pay employees above the Living Wage requirements and you’ll get a host of benefits listed below.
You’ll be dealing with clients every day so professionalism is of the utmost importance. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, previously winning various awards such as BCA’s Business Centre of the Year, featuring in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For Top 100 for 7 consecutive years and Property Week’s Best Places to Work in Property for 4 consecutive years. We are also Investors in People Gold accredited.
If you can juggle tasks with a smile on your face and deliver great customer service then this role is for you. We have training available every year to help you grow in your role in order for you to progress further when opportunities become available.
Service Assistant Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To ensure that all meeting rooms including management office and vacant offices are tidy, safe and welcoming to all clientele/visitors
- To work between various centres as support as and when needed
- To manage outgoing post, ensuring that it is properly franked and ready for collection daily and route incoming mail to relevant clientele
- To provide cover for reception as and when required
- To carry out administrative and clerical duties for clients as required which may include filing, archiving, photocopying, collating, laminating, faxing, preparation with mailings, word processing, data entry and preparation of reports and other information
- To process catering orders and meeting room requests made by clients
- To deal with customer requests in a prompt and timely manner
- To assist the Operations Manager with Doughnut Friday and the daily distribution of fruit
- To make teas and coffees for conference/meeting rooms
- To liaise with relevant staff to ensure that all client queries are responded to within procedural deadlines
- To book various chargeable services for clients such as couriers and taxis
- To issue and ensure receipt of swipe cards, keys, furniture etc. to clients when required
- To create and issue welcome packs for new clients
Community Assistant Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Creating and maintaining community
- Main community point of contact for all London clients
- Be present in communal areas every day
- Familiarity and relationship building with all clients, encouraging them to engage and attend community events
- Understanding what our clients do; what are their networking requirements / needs / what can the bring to our community
- New client onboarding; sending welcome email, community pack and setting up initial welcome meeting, setting up members on our communication platforms and organising welcome gifts
- Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of our packages, our brand and our business to provide answers to any question a client might ask
- Admin tasks including but not limited to: scheduling social media, updating members database lists and assisting our members via email and phone
- Responsible for creating and delivering the newsletter/email
- Create, advertise, plan and run an annual programme of events; business, social and networking events with the support of the Community Manager
- Sourcing and implementing partnerships that will increase the value of our community including but not limited to industry experts for events, local discounts, pop-up opportunities, incentives, etc.
- Deliver and create all communications related to events promotion to all members (posters and flyers and monthly Heads Up Community meeting)
- Set up of all events and ensuring event expenditure is on budget
- Internal networking events/client led events
Role Related Development:
- To understand the principles of Health and Safety and Security procedures
- To support our Service Success Chain
- Local area and basic product knowledge
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Training and development to help you progress not only in the company, but as a person stoo
The above accountabilities are not exhaustive of your duties and may change over time as the business expands. Gradual changes may occur and result in the substitution of one role for another. When substantial changes occur, the post holder will be consulted and before the change is introduced and reasonable notice will be given.
Qualifications and Education
- GCSE’s or above in Business related area – Essential
- 2 months customer facing work experience – both face to face and telephone – Desirable
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook – Essential
- Excellent telephone communication skills – Essential
- Face-to face customer services skills – Essential
- Front of house management skills – Desirable
- Full time position working mainly business hours Monday to Friday – Essential
- Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs – Essential
- 20 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Buy and sell up to 3 days holiday* or carry over up to 3 days unused annual leave to the following year
• Healthcare (plus partners/dependents)
• Dental care
• Corporate eye care
• Life assurance
• Cycle to work
• Season ticket loan
• Quit smoking support
• Loyalty of service rewards
• New starter lunch voucher
• Quarterly socials paid for by the company
• Peer to Peer reward scheme
• Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
• Opportunity to apply for a 2-week all-expenses paid charity trip overseas
*Terms and conditions apply
Headspace are an equal opportunities employer. All persons will have equality of opportunity regardless of sex, religious belief, political opinion, marital, civil partnership or family status, race, age, sexual orientation, disability, whether or not they have dependants and persons who have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
Selection for employment and advancement will be on the basis of ability, qualifications and aptitude for the work.