Responsible to: Centre Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
The first person our clients see when they walk in every day is you. This makes you essential to our business.
You will be the first point of contact for all existing clients, incoming calls and visitors, but more than that you’re a crucial part of the centre team. That means you’ll be involved in all the centre support activities helping us providing award-winning service.
You’ll be dealing with important clients every day so professionalism is of the utmost importance but that doesn’t mean you won’t enjoy your day, far from it – we have featured in the Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work For Top 100 for 7 years running, and that’s because we strive to make it a great place to work.
If you can juggle tasks with a smile on your face and deliver great customer service then this role is for you. We’re not afraid to progress you quickly once you’ve nailed down the role and there’s training every year to ensure you grow as a business-person.
You’ll be based in our Milton Keynes business centre in a small but busy team, reporting to the Centre Manager. We pay very competitively and you’ll get a host of extras that you wouldn’t expect as we’ve mentioned below.
We’re a very established business with over 21 years’ experience of delivering first class serviced offices and meeting space. For us helping our clients grow means we do too.
If this sounds like something you can excel at then apply to us.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To ensure that all meeting rooms including management office and vacant offices are tidy, safe and welcoming to all clientele/visitors
- To manage outgoing post, ensuring that it is properly franked and ready for collection daily and route incoming mail to relevant clientele
- To provide cover for the reception as and when required
- To carry out administrative and clerical duties for clients as required which may include filing, archiving, photocopying, collating, laminating, faxing, preparation with mailings, word processing, data entry and preparation of reports and other information
- To process catering orders and meeting room requests made by clients
- To deal with customer requests in a prompt and timely manner
- Assisting the Centre Manager with Doughnut Friday and the daily distribution of fruit
- To make teas and coffees for conference/meeting rooms
- To book various chargeable services for clients such as couriers and taxis
- To issue and ensure receipt of swipe cards, keys, furniture etc. to clients when required
- To create and issue welcome packs for new clients
- To liaise with relevant staff to ensure that all client queries are responded to within procedural deadlines
- To be able to provide an effective handover to anyone covering your role whilst you are away
Role Related Development:
- To understand the principles of Health and Safety and Security procedures
- To undergo project and research work as required for the Centre Manager
- To complete audits of vacant offices and produce inventories on office spaces
- Communicate maintenance requests to the appropriate stakeholdersThe above accountabilities are not exhaustive of your duties and may change over time. As the Business expands, gradual changes may occur and result in the substitution of one role for another. When substantial changes occur, the post holder will be consulted and before the change is introduced and reasonable notice will be given.
Qualification and Education
GCSE’s or above in Business Related Area – Essential
12 months customer service experience – both face to face and telephone – Essential
12 months in similar administrative role – Desirable
Experience of working with minimum supervision – Desirable
Skills and Abilities
Proficient in Word and Outlook – Essential
Excellent telephone communication skills – Essential
Face-to face customer services skills – Essential
Competent on Powerpoint – Desirable
Switchboard operational skills – Desirable
Full time position working business hours Monday to Friday – Essential
Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs – Essential
• 20 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays
• Paid day off for your Birthday*
• Buy and sell up to 3 days holiday*
• Healthcare (plus partners/dependants), dental care, eye care*
• Life assurance*
• Cycle to work and Season ticket loan*
• Quit smoking support*
• Quarterly socials paid for by the company
• Peer to Peer reward scheme
• Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
*Terms and Conditions apply