Job Title: HR Coordinator
Responsible to: HR Director
Location: Head Office, Central London
Salary: To be discussed
BE Offices is an award-winning provider of flexible workspace in London and throughout the UK. Our office solutions operate under multiple brands but share the same ethos of offering a quality, cost effective working environment for businesses of all sizes. We are one of the oldest in our sector, established in 1994 and have pioneered the advance in service levels to our clients both in technological development and first-class personal service. Our long list of awards are testament to our continual drive to support and develop our teams and provide the best service in our industry.
Our vision – ‘Together, we are building the business lifestyle that everyone wants’
You will be one of the main points of contact for all new and existing employees, but more than that you’re a crucial part of the HR team. That means you’ll be involved in various employee related projects and helping us providing award-winning service to our employees. The successful candidate must maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day administrative related duties, and supporting the HR team to provide professional and efficient HR services for staff at BE Offices and our associated companies. Professionalism is of the utmost importance but that doesn’t mean you won’t enjoy your day, far from it. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, and have recently been accredited for Investors in People Gold and voted as the Best Places To Work In Property.
You’ll be based in our Central London office in a small but busy team, reporting to the HR Manager and HR Director. We pay very competitively and you’ll get a host of extras that you wouldn’t expect as we’ve mentioned below.
If you can juggle tasks with a smile on your face and deliver great customer service then this role is for you. We have training available every year to help you grow in your role in order for you to progress further when opportunities become available.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist the HR Department in dealing with the day-to-day HR administration/Providing first hand advice
- Maintain both hard and digital copies of employee’s records.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly payroll spreadsheet and ad-hoc HR projects.
- Conduct staff inductions for new starters and vision and values workshops
- Updating data on the HR software system with new starter information, absences, information adjustments and leavers
- Administer employee benefits, providing support and advice to employees
- Maintain benefit records and ensure all training records are up to date
- Audit all employee files on a regular basis according to schedule set and ensure all employees have all the statutory paperwork and information is in the correct place and up to date
- Where needed, provide accurate and appropriate advice on a full range of BE HR policies and procedures to all staff e.g. Disciplinary/grievance issues, sickness absence, parental rights and ensuring that staff are managed consistently and fairly across the business
- Monitor staff absence and when necessary, write to employees who have exceeded an unacceptable level of absences
- Support fully with employee relations processes and conduct meetings including investigations, capability and disciplinary meetings and support line managers to resolve them successfully
- Visit Business Centres on occasions in order to smooth and identify any issues that need to be escalated to the HR Officer
- Responsibility for timely and accurate execution of staff movement processes including starters, leavers and secondments/transfers
- Collate and submit statistics as and when required
- General ad hoc duties including the processing of employee forms on the internal employee intranet ‘The Lounge’ and assisting with special projects such as the ‘Best Companies’ Competition
- Attend internal meetings e.g. one to ones, call and care services, exit interviews
- Assist the department with recruitment by creating job specifications, advertising the vacancy on our desired Recruitment platforms and conducting interviews
- Ensure intranet pages are updated regularly, creating new pages as necessary and updating existing pages
- Keep up to date with any employment legislation
- Other tasks include processing work wear orders for Maintenance and Data Communications employees, updating the HR related section of our internal intranet with all the latest HR news, ensuring centres process their monthly charity donations and chasing outstanding employee appraisals; logging and filing these when required
Role Related Development:
- Carry out internal quality audits as and when required of office procedures/systems
- Support and assist in drafting job descriptions, interview questions and person specifications
- Support with the Implementation of recruitment and selection activities for all staff from placement of adverts – objective selection processes through to preparation of employment offers and subsequent induction programme
The above accountabilities are not exhaustive of your duties and may change over time. As the Business expands, gradual changes may occur and result in the substitution of one role for another. When substantial changes occur, the post holder will be consulted and before the change is introduced and reasonable notice will be given.
Qualification and Education – CPP Qualification or other relevant qualification – Desirable
Experience – 2+ years generalist HR experience – Essential
Knowledge and understanding of HR policies, employment law and employee relations – Essential
Previous administration experience – Essential
Understanding of monthly payroll collation – Essential
Experience and Understanding of TUPE procedures – Desirable
Experience and understanding of redundancy procedures – Desirable
Experience of conducting disciplinary and grievance meetings – Essential
Skills and Abilities – Proficient in Word and Outlook – Essential
Excellent telephone and face-to-face communication skills – Essential
Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Essential
Ability to interpret legislative requirements, best practice and company polices – Essential
Flexible approach to the changing needs of the business – Desirable
Familiarity with HR systems and setting up new reports – Desirable
Work Requirements – Full time position working business hours Monday to Friday – Essential
Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs – Essential
Flexibility to travel to other sites – Essential
*The following are applicable on successful completion of your probationary period for full time permanent employees only.
|Annual Leave||· 20 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays
· Paid day off for your Birthday
· Buy and sell up to 3 days’ holiday
· Carry up to 3 days unused annual leave to the subsequent year
|· Healthcare (plus partners/dependants)
· Dental Care
· Life Assurance
· Corporate Eye Care
· Season Ticket Loan
· Loyalty of Service Rewards
· Cycle to work scheme
· Quit smoking reward and recognition scheme
· Access to our onsite Gym
· New starter lunch voucher
· Employee Assistance Programme
|Other||· Quarterly socials paid for by the company*
· Peer to Peer reward scheme
· Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
· Opportunity to apply for a 2 week all-expense paid charity trip abroad (Subject to selection)
*Terms and conditions apply