HR Administrator (6 month FTC), Head Office
Job Title: HR Administrator
Responsible to: HR Director
Location: Head Office, Central London
Salary: Competitive, To be discussed
BE Offices is an award-winning provider of flexible workspace in London and throughout the UK. Our office solutions operate undHead Office er multiple brands but share the same ethos of offering a quality, cost effective working environment for businesses of all sizes. We are one of the oldest in our sector, established in 1994 and have pioneered the advance in service levels to our clients both in technological development and first-class personal service. Our long list of awards are testament to our continual drive to support and develop our teams and provide the best service in our industry.
Our vision – ‘Together, we are building the business lifestyle that everyone wants’
You will be a main point of contact for all new and existing employees, but more than that you’re a crucial part of the HR team. That means you’ll be involved in various employee related projects and helping us providing award-winning service to our employees.
You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day administrative related duties, and supporting the HR team to provide professional and efficient HR services for staff at Business Environment, Auriel PM, Aurora Pro Clean and Storm Operative Security. Professionalism is of the utmost importance but that doesn’t mean you won’t enjoy your day, far from it. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, previously winning various awards such as BCA’s Business Centre of the Year, featuring in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For Top 100 for 7 consecutive years. We are also Investors in People accredited.
You’ll be based in our Central London office in a small but busy team, reporting to the HR Director. We pay very competitively and you’ll get a host of extras that you wouldn’t expect as we’ve mentioned below.
If you can juggle tasks with a smile on your face and deliver great customer service then this role is for you. We have training available every year to help you grow in your role in order for you to progress further when opportunities become available.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist the HR Department in dealing with the day to day HR administration
- Updating data on the HR software system ‘Croner’ with new starter information, absences, information adjustments and leavers
- Collate and submit statistics as and when required
- Updating organisational charts
- Monitor staff absence and when necessary, write to employees who have exceeded an unacceptable level of absences and notify HR Officer
- General ad hoc duties including the processing of employee forms on the internal employee intranet ‘The Lounge’ and assisting with special projects such as the ‘Best Companies’ Competition
- Update and manage the HR section of the internal website ‘The Lounge’ by ensuring all policies, vacancies’ and documents are up to date
- Assist when required at disciplinary, grievance and appeal hearings as a note taker
- Keep record of training and staff benefits
- Support when required with holding staff inductions for new starters
- Maintaining employee files and archiving any leavers
- To complete orders such as flowers, birthday chocolates, wedding hampers
- Organising taxis and attendance list for staff events as and when required
- Keep up to date with any employment legislation
- Manage Loyalty Scheme ensuring employees receive the relevant loyalty gifts on their 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th year anniversary at BE.
- Other tasks include processing work wear orders for Maintenance and Data Communications employees, updating the HR related section of our internal intranet with all the latest HR news, ensuring centres process their monthly charity donations and chasing outstanding employee appraisals; logging and filing these when required
Role Related Development:
- Assist with the implementation of HR strategies, policies and procedures within the company
- Carry out internal quality audits as and when required of office procedures/systems
- Assist in Induction course for new members of staff
The above accountabilities are not exhaustive of your duties and may change over time. As the Business expands, gradual changes may occur and result in the substitution of one role for another. When substantial changes occur, the post holder will be consulted and before the change is introduced and reasonable notice will be given.
Qualification and Education – CPP Qualification or other relevant qualification – Desirable
Experience – 1 year generalist HR experience – Essential
Knowledge and understanding of HR policies, employment law and employee relations – Essential
Previous administration experience – Essential
Skills and Abilities – Proficient in Word and Outlook – Essential
Excellent telephone and face-to-face communication skills – Essential
Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Essential
Ability to interpret legislative requirements, best practice and company polices – Essential
Flexible approach to the changing needs of the business – Desirable
Familiarity with HR systems and setting up new reports – Desirable
Work Requirements – Full time position working business hours Monday to Friday – Essential
Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs – Essential
*The following are applicable on successful completion of your probationary period for full time permanent employees only.
|Annual Leave||· 20 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays|
· Paid day off for your Birthday
· Buy and sell up to 3 days’ holiday* or carry up to 3 days unused annual leave to the subsequent year
|· Healthcare (plus partners/dependants)|
· Dental Care
· Life Assurance
· Corporate Eye Care
· Season Ticket Loan
· Loyalty of Service Rewards
· Cycle to work scheme
· Quit smoking reward and recognition scheme
· Access to our onsite Gym
· New starter lunch voucher
|Other||· Quarterly socials paid for by the company*|
· Peer to Peer reward scheme
· Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
· Opportunity to apply for a 2 week all-expense paid charity trip abroad (Subject to selection)
*Terms and conditions apply