Responsible to: Centre Manager
Location: 2 days at Euston, 1 day at Harbour Exchange, 1 day at Farringdon and 1 day at Marylebone
Salary: To be discussed
BE Offices is an award-winning provider of flexible workspace in London and throughout the UK. Our office solutions operate under multiple brands but share the same ethos of offering a quality, cost effective working environment for businesses of all sizes. We are one of the oldest in our sector, established in 1994 and have pioneered the advance in service levels to our clients both in technological development and first-class personal service. Our long list of awards are testament to our continual drive to support and develop our teams and provide the best service in our industry.
Our vision – ‘Together, we are building the business lifestyle that everyone wants’.
As you’d expect you’ll be the first point of contact for all maintenance enquiries, but more than that you’re a crucial part of the centre team. You’ll be involved in the business centre maintenance, helping us to providing award-winning service.
To assist in providing an outstanding service, we require an outgoing Maintenance Officer. You’ll be based in a variety of centres including Euston for 2 days, Harbour Exchange for 1 day, Farringdon for 1 day and Marylebone for 1 day reporting to into the Senior Maintenance Supervisor.
You’ll be dealing with clients every day so professionalism is of the utmost importance. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, previously winning various awards such as BCA’s Business Centre of the Year on 7 occasions, featuring in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For 7 consecutive years and achieving Best Companies Star accreditations. We are also Investors In People accredited.
If you can juggle tasks with a smile on your face, deliver great customer service, enjoy working in a diverse and dynamic team as well being a team player then this role is for you.
We’re not afraid to promote you quickly once you’ve thrived in the role and there is training available every year to help you develop.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Responsible for providing reactive and planned maintenance whilst remaining compliant with BE Offices Health and Safety policy standards for the respective centre and ensuring all matters are reported to the relevant personnel.
• To ensure that a morning patrol is carried out on a daily basis to check for any problems/obstructions in the common areas
• To assist the Centre Manager in carrying out client move ins/outs and ensure clients’ needs are met
• Contribute to the Centre teams performance and overall objectives
• Carry out general maintenance work in the respective centre and ensure completion in accordance to the agreed timescales set by your line manager, which may include, but not limited to, fixing a kitchen sink to painting office spaces, general repairs including roofs, floors, doors, etc.
• Carry out pre and post inspections of reactive repairs within agreed time scales
• When needed, to assist with the renovation/remodelling of Centre
• Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required
• Where required; to liaise with managing agents and contractors on works being carried out
• At times, obtaining estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed
• Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures
• Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required
• To always behave in a manner consistent with BE Offices values and operational standards
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for long periods of time, use ladders or foot stools to reach high spaces, or kneel; crouch or crawl to reach spaces. The employee may frequently lift and/or be required to move more than 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision and depth perception.
At times, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
Role Related Development:
To understand the principles of Health and Safety and Security procedures
To support our Service Success Chain
Local area and basic product knowledge
Training and development to help you progress not only in the company, but as a person too.
Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrics
The above accountabilities are not exhaustive of your duties, and may change over time as the Business expands. Gradual changes may result in the substitution of one role for another. When substantial changes occur, the post holder will be consulted and before the change is introduced and reasonable notice will be given.
Experience – Proven experience in a similar maintenance based role – Essential
Skills and Abilities – Ability to work without supervision – Essential
Ability to complete basic plumbing and electrical works – Essential
Technical knowledge to recognise symptoms of disrepair and diagnose effective remedial works- Essential
Ability to effectively communicate with people and remain professional at all times- Essential
Face-to-Face customer service skills – Desirable
Work Requirements – Full time position (or equivalent) working business hours Monday to Friday – Essential
Occasional irregular hours (overtime) if required to meet business needs – Essential
Flexibility to travel to other business centre when needed
· 20 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays
· Paid day off for your Birthday
· Buy and sell up to 3 days’ holiday* or carry up to 3 days unused annual leave to the subsequent year
· Healthcare (plus partners/dependants)
· Dental Care
· Life Assurance
· Corporate Eye Care
· Season Ticket Loan
· Loyalty of Service Rewards
· Cycle to work scheme
· Quit smoking reward and recognition scheme
· Access to our onsite Gym
· New starter lunch voucher
· Quarterly socials paid for by the company*
· Peer to Peer reward scheme
· Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
· Opportunity to apply for a 10day all-expense paid charity trip abroad via POD (Subject to selection)