Responsible to: Centre Manager
Location: ViewPoint, Basingstoke
Salary: To be discussed
BE Offices is the UK’s leading owner and provider of flexible office space solutions, offering 850,000sq ft of office space in a wide choice of locations across London & the South of England. Each of our Business Centres provides an award winning level of service and reliable industry leading facilities.
An established business with over 21 years’ experience of delivering first class serviced offices and meeting space. For us, helping our clients grow means we do too.
As you’d expect you’ll be the first point of contact for all maintenance enquiries, but more than that you’re a crucial part of the centre team. You’ll be involved in the business centre maintenance, helping us to providing award-winning service.
To assist in providing an outstanding service, we require an outgoing Maintenance Officer for a fixed term contract. You’ll be based in our Basingstoke business centre reporting to the Centre Manager. We pay employees above the UK Living Wage and you’ll get a host of benefits listed below.
You’ll be dealing with clients every day so professionalism is of the utmost importance. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, previously winning various awards such as BCA’s Business Centre of the Year on 7 occasions, featuring in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For for 7 consecutive years and achieving Best Companies Star accreditations. We are also Investors In People accredited.
If you can juggle tasks with a smile on your face and deliver great customer service then this role is for you. We’re not afraid to promote you quickly once you’ve thrived in the role and there is training available every year to help you grow as a person.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for providing maintenance and complying with all Health and Safety standards for the respective centres.
- To ensure that a morning patrol is carried out on a daily basis to check for any problems/obstructions in the common areas
- To ensure that all fire exits are kept clear at all times
- To carry out day to day tasks which may include, but not limited to, fixing a kitchen sink to painting office spaces, general repairs including roofs, floors, doors, etc.
- At times you may need to carry out basic plumbing installations
- When needed, to assist with the renovation/remodelling of buildings; repairs plaster and drywall; paints building structures
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required
- To assist the Centre Manager in carrying out client move ins/outs and ensure clients’ needs are met
- Where required; to liaise with managing agents and contractors
- At times, obtaining estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed
- Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for long periods of time, use ladders to reach high spaces, or kneel; crouch or crawl to reach spaces. The employee may frequently lift and/or be required to move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision and depth perception.
At times, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
Role Related Development:
- To understand the principles of Health and Safety and Security procedures
- To support our Service Success Chain
- Local area and basic product knowledge
- Training and development to help you progress not only in the company, but as a person too.
– Proven experience in a similar maintenance based role – Essential
Skills and Abilities
– Ability to work without supervision – Essential
– Face-to-Face customer service skills – Desirable
– Full time position (or equivalent) working business hours Monday to Friday – Essential
– Occasional irregular hours (overtime) if required to meet business needs – Essential
– Flexibility to travel to other business centre when needed
• 20 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays
• Paid day off for your Birthday*
• Buy and sell up to 3 days holiday*
• Healthcare (plus partners/dependants), dental care, eye care*
• Life assurance*
• Cycle to work and Season ticket loan*
• Quit smoking support*
• Quarterly socials paid for by the company
• Peer to Peer reward scheme
• Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
*Terms and Conditions apply