Job Title: Maintenance Officer – Fixed Term Contract
Responsible to: Centre Manager
Location: View Point, Basingstoke
Salary: To be discussed
BE Offices is the UK’s leading owner and provider of flexible office space solutions, offering 600,000sq ft of office space in a wide choice of locations across London & the South of England. Each of our business centres provide an award winning level of service and reliable industry leading facilities.
An established business with 21 years’ experience of delivering first class serviced offices and meeting space. For us, helping our clients grow means we do too.
As you’d expect, you’ll be the first point of contact for all maintenance enquiries, but more than that, you’re a crucial part of the centre team. That means you’ll be helping us to provide award-winning service.
To assist in providing an outstanding service, we require an outgoing Maintenance Officer for a fixed term contract. You’ll be based in our Basingstoke business centre, reporting to the Centre Manager. We pay employees above the UK Living Wage and you’ll get a host of benefits, listed below. You’ll be dealing with clients every day so professionalism is of the utmost importance. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, previously winning various awards such as BCA’s Business Centre of the Year on seven occasions, featuring in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For for seven consecutive years and have achieved Best Companies Star accreditations. We are also Investors in People accredited.
If you can juggle tasks with a smile on your face and deliver great customer service then this role is for you. We’re not afraid to promote you quickly once you’ve thrived in the role and there is training available every year to help you grow as a person.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for providing maintenance and complying with all health and safety standards for the respective centres
- To ensure that a morning patrol is carried out on a daily basis to check for any problems/obstructions in the common areas
- To ensure that all fire exits are kept clear at all times
- To carry out day to day tasks which may include, but are not limited to, fixing a kitchen sink, painting office spaces and general repairs including roofs, doors, floors etc.
- At times you may need to carry out basic plumbing installations
- When needed, to assist with the renovation/remodedelling of buildings. This may include repairs to plaster and drywall and the painting of building structures
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required
- To assist the Centre Manager in carrying out client move ins/outs and ensure that clients’ needs are met
- To liaise, when required, with managing agents contractors
- Obtaining estimates for supplies and repair parts, and ordering parts as needed
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- Perform outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for long periods of time, use ladders to reach high spaces, or kneel, crouch and crawl to reach awkward spaces. The employee may frequently lift and/or be required to move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision and depth perception.
At times, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts; to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airbourne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
Role Related Development:
- To understand the principles of Health and Safety and Security procedures
- To support our Service Success Chain
- Local area and basic product knowledge
- Training and development to help you progress not only in the company, but as a person too
- Last year we had 14 internal promotions
The above accountabilities are not exhaustive of your duties, and may change over time as the business expands. Gradual changes may result in the substitution of one role for another. When substantial changes occur, the post holder will be consulted and before the change is introduced and reasonable notice will be given.
Experience in a similar maintenance based role – Essential
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to work without supervision – Essential
Face-to-face customer service skills – Desirable
Full time position working business hours Monday to Friday
Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs
Flexibility to travel to other business centres when needed
21 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays
Paid day off for your birthday*
Buy and sell up to 3 days holiday*
• Healthcare (plus partners/dependents), dental care, eye care*
• Life assurance*
• Cycle to work and season ticket loan*
• Quit smoking support*
• Quarterly socials paid for by the company
• Peer to Peer reward scheme
• Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
*Terms and Conditions apply