Job Title: Operations Manager
Responsible to: Managing Director of Headspace
Salary: Competitive, To be discussed
Headspace provide flexible workspace to fast‐growing, tech, creative and media businesses. It’s part of BE Office group of companies, an award-winning provider of flexible workspace in London and throughout the UK. Our office solutions operate under multiple brands but share the same ethos of offering a quality, cost effective working environment for businesses of all sizes. We are one of the oldest in our sector, established in 1994 and have pioneered the advance in service levels to our clients both in technological development and first-class personal service. Our long list of awards are testament to our continual drive to support and develop our teams and provide the best service in our industry.
Our vision – ‘Together, we are building the business lifestyle that everyone wants’.
You will be the first point of contact for all existing clients, new clients and internal stakeholders, but more than that you’re a crucial part of the centre team. That means you’ll be involved in all the centre support activities helping us providing award-winning service.
To assist in providing an outstanding service, we require a charismatic Operations Manager. You’ll be based in Manchester in a busy team, reporting to the Managing Director of Headspace. We pay employees above the Living Wage requirements and you’ll get a host of benefits listed below.
You’ll be dealing with clients every day so professionalism is of the utmost importance. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, previously winning various awards such as BCA’s Business Centre of the Year, featuring in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For Top 100 for 7 consecutive years. We are also Investors in People accredited.
If you can juggle tasks with a smile on your face and deliver great customer service then this role is for you. We’re not afraid to promote you quickly once you’ve succeeded in the role and there is training available every year to help you grow as a business-person.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• To oversee the day to day running of the business centre covering all aspects
• Manage the centre team and ensure the ‘Service Success Chain’ is being adhered to at all times
• To ensure that all meeting rooms including management office and vacant offices are tidy, safe and welcoming to all clientele/visitors
• Deliver viewings to potential clients and be involved in finalising agreements
• Work closely with the Sales team in relation to new clients
• Maintain reports and invoicing relating to centre occupancy and any other ad-hoc reports
• Manage and maintain relationships with local suppliers
• To lead and support an administrative team
• To carry out administrative and clerical duties for clients as required which may include filing, archiving, photocopying, collating, laminating, faxing, preparation with mailings, word processing, data entry and preparation of reports and other information
• To process catering orders and meeting room requests made by clients
• To deal with customer requests in a prompt and timely manner
• To liaise with relevant staff to ensure that all client queries are responded to within procedural deadlines
• To book various chargeable services for clients such as couriers and taxis
• To issue and ensure receipt of swipe cards, keys, furniture etc. to clients when required
• To create and issue welcome packs for new clients
• To be able to provide an effective handover to anyone covering your role whilst you are away
Role Related Development:
• To understand the principles of Health and Safety and Security procedures
• To complete audits of vacant offices and produce inventories on office spaces
• Communicate maintenance requests to the appropriate stakeholders
• To support our Service Success Chain
• Local area and basic product knowledge
• Training and development to help you progress not only in the company, but as a person to
The above accountabilities are not exhaustive of your duties and may change over time. As the Business expands, gradual changes may occur and result in the substitution of one role for another. When substantial changes occur, the post holder will be consulted and before the change is introduced and reasonable notice will be given.
Qualification and Education – GCSE’s or above in Business related area – Essential
Experience – 12 months customer service experience – both face to face and telephone – Essential
12 months in similar supervisory role – Essential
Experience of working with minimum supervision – Desirable
Skills and Abilities – Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook – Essential
Excellent telephone communication skills – Essential
Face-to face customer services skills – Essential
Switchboard operational skills – Desirable
Work Requirements – Full time position working business hours Monday to Friday – Essential
Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs – Essential
|Annual Leave||· 20 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays
· Paid day off for your Birthday
· Buy and sell up to 3 days’ holiday* or carry up to 3 days unused annual leave to the subsequent year
|· Healthcare (plus partners/dependants)
· Dental Care
· Life Assurance
· Corporate Eye Care
· Season Ticket Loan
· Loyalty of Service Rewards
· Cycle to work scheme
· Quit smoking reward and recognition scheme
· Access to our onsite Gym
· Employee Assistance Programme
· New starter lunch voucher
|Other||· Quarterly socials paid for by the company*
· Peer to Peer reward scheme
· Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
· Opportunity to apply for a 10day all-expense paid charity trip abroad via POD (Subject to selection)
Headspace are an equal opportunities employer. All persons will have equality of opportunity regardless of sex, religious belief, political opinion, marital, civil partnership or family status, race, age, sexual orientation, disability, whether or not they have dependants and persons who have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
Selection for employment and advancement will be on the basis of ability, qualifications and aptitude for the work.