Job Title: Receptionist
Responsible to: Centre Manager
Location: Minories, London EC3
Salary: To be discussed
BE Offices is an award-winning provider of flexible workspace in London and throughout the UK. Our office solutions operate under multiple brands but share the same ethos of offering a quality, cost effective working environment for businesses of all sizes. We are one of the oldest in our sector, established in 1994 and have pioneered the advance in service levels to our clients both in technological development and first-class personal service. Our long list of awards are testament to our continual drive to support and develop our teams and provide the best service in our industry.
Our vision – ‘Together, we are building the business lifestyle that everyone wants’.
The first person our clients, and their clients see when they walk in every day is you. That makes you essential to our business.
As you’d expect you’ll be the first point of contact for all incoming calls and visitors, but more than that you’re a crucial part of the centre team. That means you’ll be involved in all the centre support activities helping us to providing award-winning service.
To assist in providing an outstanding service, we require a charismatic Receptionist on a permanent basis. You’ll be based in our Minories business centre in a busy team, reporting to the Centre Manager. We pay employees above the Living Wage requirements and you’ll get a host of benefits listed below.
You’ll be dealing with clients every day so professionalism is of the utmost importance. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, previously winning various awards such as BCA’s Business Centre of the Year, featuring in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For Top 100 for 7 consecutive years and Property Week’s Best Places to Work in Property for 4 consecutive years. We are also Investors in People Gold accredited.
If you can juggle tasks with a smile on your face and deliver great customer service then this role is for you. We have training available every year to help you grow in your role in order for you to progress further when opportunities become available.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- You will be the first point of contact for the building, meeting and greeting all visitors and clients
- To ensure the reception area is tidy, safe and welcoming to all clients and visitors
- To provide a responsive and efficient reception and telephone service to all our clients
- To ensure the smooth operation of the switchboard service including announcing and forwarding calls to clients or their voicemail
- To ensure that all visitors including contractors follow the relevant signing in/out procedures
- To book meetings, catering and couriers for clients and communicate this to your team
- To liaise with relevant staff to ensure that any client queries are responded to within procedural timeframes
- To maintain the business bentre client phone directory and contact lists as clients move in and out of the building
- To ensure that the receipt of deliveries including keys, recorded and couriered items are properly signed for and the recipient of the deliveries are notified promptly
- To manage outgoing post, ensuring that it is properly franked and ready for collection where required
- To carry out administrative and clerical duties as required including filing, photocopying, collating, writing emails to clients, letter writing, data entry and preparation of reports and other information
- To work hand in hand with our security team
- To be able to provide an effective handover to anyone covering your role whilst you are away
Role related development:
- To understand the principles of health and safety and security procedures
- To support our Service Success Chain
- Local area and basic product knowledge
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Training and development to help you progress not only in the company, but as a person too
The above accountabilities are not exhaustive of your duties, and may change over time as the Business expands. Gradual changes may result in the substitution of one role for another. When substantial changes occur, the post holder will be consulted and before the change is introduced and reasonable notice will be given.
Qualification and Education
- GCSE’s or above in business related area – Essential
- 2 months customer facing work experience, both face to face and telephone – Desirable
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in word and Outlook – Essential
- Excellent telephone communication skills – Essential
- Face-to-Face customer service skills – Essential
- Switchboard skills – Desirable
- Front of house management skills – Desirable
- Full time position working business hours Monday to Friday – Essential
- Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs – Essential
- 20 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays
- Paid day off for your Birthday
- Buy and sell up to 3 days’ holiday* or carry up to 3 days unused annual leave to the subsequent year
- Healthcare (plus partners/dependants)
- Dental Care
- Life Assurance
- Corporate Eye Care
- Season Ticket Loan
- Loyalty of Service Rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quit smoking reward and recognition scheme
- Access to our onsite Gym
- New starter lunch voucher
- Quarterly socials paid for by the company*
- Peer to Peer reward scheme
- Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
- Opportunity to apply for a 2 week all-expense paid charity trip abroad (Subject to selection)
*Terms and Conditions apply