Job Title: Receptionist
Responsible to: Centre Manager
Location: Royal Exchange
Salary: To be discussed
BE Offices is the UK’s leading owner and provider of flexible office space solutions, offering 600,000sq ft of office space in a wide choice of locations across London & the South of England. Each of our business centres provide an award winning level of service and reliable industry leading facilities.
An established business with 21 years’ experience of delivering first class serviced offices and meeting space. For us, helping our clients grow means we do too.
The first person our clients, and their clients, see when they walk in every day is you. That makes you essential to our business.
As you’d expect you’ll be the first point of contact for all incoming calls and visitors, but more than that you’re a crucial part of the centre team. That means you’ll be involved in all the centre support activities helping us to provide an award-winning service.
To assist in providing an outstanding service, we require a charismatic receptionist. You’ll be based in our Royal Exchange business centre in a busy team, reporting to the centre manager. We pay employees above the Living Wage requirements and you’ll get a host of benefits listed below.
You’ll be dealing with clients every day so professionalism is of the utmost importance. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, previously winning various awards such as BCA’s Business Centre of the Year, featuring in the Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work For Top 100 for 7 consecutive years. We are also Investors in People accredited.
If you can juggle tasks with a smile on your face and deliver great customer service then this role is for you. We’re not afraid to promote you quickly once you’ve succeeded in the role and there’s training available every year to help you grow as a business person.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- You will be the first point of contact for the building, meeting and greeting all visitors and clients
- To ensure the reception are is tidy, safe and welcoming to all clients and visitors
- To provide a responsive and efficient reception and telephone service to all our clients
- To ensure the smooth operation of the switchboard service including announcing and forwarding calls to clients or their voicemail
- To ensure that all visitors including contractors follow the relevant signing in/out procedures
- To book meetings, catering and couriers for clients and communicate this to your team
- To liaise with relevant staff to ensure that any client queries are responded to within procedural time frames
- To maintain the business centre client phone directory and contact lists as clients move in and out of the building
- To ensure that the receipt of deliveries including keys, recorded and couriered items are properly signed for and the recipients of the deliveries are notified promptly
- To manage outgoing post, ensuring that it is properly franked and ready for collection where required
- To carry out administrative and clerical duties as required including filing, photocopying, collating, writing emails to clients, letter writing, data entry and perparation of reports and other information
- To work hand in hand with our security team
- To be able to provide an effective handover to anyone covering your role while you are away
Role Related Development:
- To understand the principles of Health and Safety and Security procedures
- To support our Service Success Chain
- Local area and basic product knowledge
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Training and development to help you progress not only in the company, but as a person too
The above accountabilities are not exhaustive of your duties, and may change over time as the business expands. Gradual changes may result in the substitution of one role for another. When substantial changes occur, the post holder will be consulted and before the change is introduced and reasonable notice will be given.
Qualifications and Education:
GCSEs or above in Business related area – Essential
2 months customer facing work, both face to face and telephone – Desirable
Skills and Abilities:
Proficient in Word and Outlook – Essential
Excellent telephone communication skills – Essential
Face-to-face customer service skills – Essential
Switchboard skills – Desirable
Front of house management skills – Desirable
Full time position working business hours Monday to Friday – Essential
Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs – Essential
21 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays
Paid day off for your birthday*
Buy and sell up to 3 days holiday*
• Healthcare (plus partners/dependents), dental care, eye care*
• Life assurance*
• Cycle to work and season ticket loan*
• Quit smoking support*
• Quarterly socials paid for by the company
• Peer to Peer reward scheme
• Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
*Terms and Conditions apply