Job Title: Senior Electrical Installer
Responsible to: IT & Data Comms Director
Location: Central London with travel
Salary: To be discussed
BE Offices is the UK’s leading owner and provider of flexible office space solutions, offering 600,000sq ft of office space in a wide choice of locations across London & the South of England. Each of our business centres provide an award winning level of service and reliable industry leading facilities.
An established business with 21 years’ experience of delivering first class serviced offices and meeting space. For us, helping our clients grow means we do too.
We are looking for a Senior Electrician to join our team. You will be a main point of contact for all electrical queries and works, but more than that, you’re a crucial part of the IT & Data Comms team. That means you’ll be involved in all new and existing electrical works, helping us to provide award-winning service. The successful candidate must maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
You’ll be based in our City of London office in a small but busy team, reporting to the IT & Data Comms director. You will be required to travel between our 11 business centres located around Central London and South England. We pay very competitively and you’ll get a host of extras that you wouldn’t expect as we’ve mentioned below.
You’ll be responsible for providing a professional and efficient service for all clients and staff based in all of BE Offices’ business centres. Professionalism is of the utmost importance but that doesn’t mean you won’t enjoy your day, far from it. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, previously winning variious awards such as BCA’s Business Centre of the Year, featuring in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For Top 100 for 8 years. We are Investors in People accredited.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To ensure all installations are carried out using best practice and meet health and safety legislation at all times
- To ensure reactive and planned installations are carried out efficiently
- Installation of new lighting circuits/fittings and switch drops
- To install, move and/or reconfigure new floor boxes as and when required
- To install power for TVs or other active equipment
- To support and complete projects as and when required to specific deadlines
- Provide and carry out reactive and planned maintenance works
- Data cabling relocation/changes
- PAT testing
- Testing of existing services including 5 yearly test
- Ordering of equipment using preferred suppliers
- Build relationships with various stakeholders
- Emergency light testing
- Ensure you keep up to date with legislation
- Act as a mentor and supervise the work of the junior electrical installer
- To support and assist the on-site Data Comms Engineers where required
Role Related Development:
- To understand the principles of Health and Safety
- To support our Service Success Chain
- Local area and basic product knowledge
- Training and development to help you progress not only in the company, but as a person too
The above accountabilities are not exhaustive of your duties, and may change over time as the business expands. Gradual changes may result in the substitution of one role for another. When substantial changes occur, the post holder will be consulted and before the change is introduced and reasonable notice will be given.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently be required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision and depth perception.
Qualification and Education:
Successfully completed Level 2 or 3 industry recognised qualification – Essential
Possess electrical knowledge in both domestic and commercial installations – Essential
2-4 years relevant electrical knowledge – Essential
Experience in supervising other team members – Desired
Extensive knowledge of electrical installations and legislation – Essential
Skills and Abilities:
Flexible approach to the changing needs of the business – Essential
Good telephone and face-to-face communication skills – Desirable
Ability to understand and meet legislative requirements, best practice and company policies at all times – Essential
Full time position working business hours Monday to Friday
Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs
Flexibility to travel to other sites
Full and clean UK driving license
21 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays
Paid day off for your birthday*
Buy and sell up to 3 days holiday*
• Healthcare (plus partners/dependents), dental care, eye care*
• Life assurance*
• Cycle to work and season ticket loan*
• Quit smoking support*
• Quarterly socials paid for by the company
• Peer to Peer reward scheme
• Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
*Terms and Conditions apply