Celebrating International Men’s Day with the boys of BE
Men are in a minority at BE Offices but between all of them, including our front of house security guys, they have over 692 years of service to the company, spanning over a quarter of a century.
Today we celebrate them all and thank them for their service, their loyalty, their dedication and all their hard work, in their many and varied roles at BE, Headspace Group, BE.Spoke, &Meetings, Velocity Virtual, Communicate IT, Initium and Auriel Property Management.
On a serious note, International Men’s Day seeks to highlight important issues including men’s health and male suicide rates, and is celebrated around the world in at least 60 countries.
It’s three core themes are:
- Making a positive difference to the wellbeing and lives of men and boys
- Raising awareness and/or funds for charities supporting men and boys’ wellbeing
- Promoting a positive conversation about men, manhood and masculinity
These core themes help to address some of the issues that affect men and boys such as:
- The high male suicide rate
- The challenges faced by boys and men at all stages of education including attainment and re-skilling
- Men’s health (including male cancers), shorter life expectancy and workplace deaths
- The challenges faced by the most marginalised men and boys in society (for instance, homeless men, boys in care and the high rate of male deaths in custody)
- Male victims of violence, including sexual violence
- The challenges faced by men as parents, particularly new fathers and separated fathers
- Male victims and survivors of sexual abuse, rape, sexual exploitation, domestic abuse, forced marriage, honour-based crime, stalking and slavery
- The negative portrayal of men, boys and fathers
More information can be found on the International Men’s Day website.